Master the art of containerizing your applications using Docker, enhancing the software development process.
Docker is a tool that is designed to benefit both developers and system administrators. For developers, it means they can develop applications without worrying about the system it will be running on. For system administrators, it gives them flexibility and reduces the number of systems required.
This video will teach you to leverage advanced-level Docker. It starts by introducing how Docker works the way it does, first scripting a layer in a Docker workflow—Dockerfile. Next, you will explore compose by writing a docker-compose.yml file for a social network app, and look at top-down approaches to building network topologies for our social network’s containers.
Then you will be familiarized with the swarm workflow, Kubernetes, and Google’s tool for setting up a managed cluster. You will learn how to set up Docker’s plugin infrastructure and use the customization options. By the end of this course, you will be able to successfully manage your Docker containers, with the help of minecraft server.
- Containerize a web-based application with a base container and automate it using Dockerfile
- Orchestrate, deploy, and scale a complex application using Docker Compose and Docker Machine
- Get to know the software defined networking architecture used in Docker, which includes single-host and multi-host networking
- Architect, create, and manage clusters of Docker hosts and deploy applications on them
- Deploy Diaspora onto a cluster in AWS
- Use managed clusters such as Kubernetes and Mesos/Marathon
- Harden your infrastructure against predators by following security best-practices
- Customize Docker to your needs using logging, volume, and networking plugins
- Get more out of Docker using Ecosystem Tools and Services
It is also for those who haven’t tried Docker yet but have extensive experience with Unix and Git.
Who is this course intended for?
This course is for developers, DevOps, and SysAdmins who have a fair idea of what Docker is all about but haven’t used it in practice yet.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.